If you wake up, you’ll be powerful!
Dispatches From Cleveland is a 2017 feature-length documentary that closely examines the rust-belt city of Cleveland; one of the most racially divided American cities in the wake of the police murder of Tamir Rice.
The film follows ordinary people – long shaken by police misconduct, social discrimination, injustice and poverty – whose love for their home pushes them to work together to bring about real change.
Directed by Catherine Gund (What’s on your Plate?), the DVD version contains extremely useful bonus material including;
- Post-Screening Panels
- ‘How Can We End Police Violence’ – Short Film made with Color of Change
- ‘The Stroll’ music Video by Fresh Produce
- ‘Miss Diamond’ A Human Pictures Short Film
Dispatches from Cleveland has been compared to films like ‘Detropia,’ ‘Whose Streets,’ and ‘He Named Me Malala’ and is garnering strong critical acclaim including festival play at
- Injustice For All Film Festival: Special Recognition
- Minneapolis St.Paul International Film Festival: Official Selection
- Cleveland International Film Festival: Official Selection
- San Francisco International LGBT Film Festival: Official Selection
- Official Selection TWIST (Seattle Queer Film Festival)
- Official Selection Frameline41 (San Francisco)
Critical support is abundant:
“…as much as it is important to understand our past so as not to repeat it, knowing how to build our future is just as important. Dispatches from Cleveland shows us how.” —Leigh Monson, substreammagazine.com
“‘Dispatches From Cleveland’ may offer a clear-eyed presentation of realities in Cleveland’s poorer half. But it doesn’t wallow in factual miserabilism.” —Peter Wong, beyondchron.org
“… poignant, sobering, and powerful… a galvanizing tool, a way to empower people and convince them to get involved in their local communities, and work to make a difference. “ — Anne Zaleski, Cleveland Film Society
“…hits you with an emotional sledgehammer in the opening credits.” — Kelly Petryszyn, Cleveland Magazine
2017 / 70 minutes on 1 disc + bonus material / A film by Catherine Gund
HOW TO ORDER:
Public Performance and Digital Site Licenses are available through Soundview Media Partners. To inquire or to place an order, write to email@example.com or simply choose from the options below:
For group screening prices, please inquire.
IN HOME/Personal use copies of the DVD avail at https://amzn.to/2OSVYY6. Prefer to stream or download? Visit https://amzn.to/2MnJomN
WATCH THE TRAILER