Of all the remains of the colonial era architecture in America, no sector is better represented or maintained than those religious edifices — the houses of worship — that dot the Eastern seaboard of our nation. These amazing structures testify to a nation founded “under God,” to a people committed to worship.
The time tested Sacred Space examines the history and architecture of these colonial churches, meeting houses and synagogues.
The film takes you inside and up-close with brilliant, faith-driven craftsmanship that has held up to the test of time. Interviews with knowledgeable experts help to trace the unique histories of some of the most monumental religious structures — and how each played a role in the stories of our American forefathers.
• Old North Church in Boston, MA
• Christ Church in Philadelphia, PA
• Bruton Parish Church in Williamsburg, VA
• Historic Christ Church in Irvington, VA
• Holy Trinity Church in Wilmington, DE
• First Baptist Church in Providence, RI
• St. Francis Xavier’s Church in Leonardtown, MD
• St. Ignatius Church in Port Tobacco, MD
• Congregation Shearith Israel in New York City, NY
• Touro Synagogue in Newport, RI
53 minutes on 1 disc / 4×3 / 2003
HOW TO ORDER:
Public Performance and Digital Site Licenses are available through Soundview Media Partners. To inquire or to place an order, write to email@example.com or simply choose from the options below:
For group screening prices, please inquire.
In-home/personal use copies are available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2t1wrWd
Watch the trailer