DSLs available now / DVDs w/PPR avail first week of March 2023
A tall 10 year-old girl (noun 1. a female child; 2. a very young single woman) who’s determined to figure out how the world works, heads out on a heroic adventure (noun 1. extraordinary journey, 2. unexpected event that deserves to be reported, 3. chance) to look for the only person who she believes has the answers…
… The Prime Minister of Portugal.
An economic crisis, the Discovery Channel, a Russian playwright or Bulgarian scientist Anton Tchekhov, and a very talkative teddy bear named Judy Garland are all part of her journey through Lisbon. What she learns might even surprise the adults the room.
Featuring a soundtrack by Manel Cruz (Foge Foge Bandido), GIRAFFES is an adaptation of the acclaimed play by Tiago Rodrigues, and with extensive festival play around the world it presents a one-of-a-kind coming-of-age adventure.
- WINNER: Revelation Award, Caminhos do Cinema Português
- WINNER: NICO Award (Maria Abreu), Sophia Awards (Portuguese Film Academy)
- WINNER: Best Adapted Screenplay, Sophia Awards (Portuguese Film Academy)
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Rome Independent Cinema Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: IndieLisboa International Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Guadalajara International Film Festival
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Mostra Internacional de Cinema em São Paulo
- OFFICIAL SELECTION: Mostra de Cinema Português em Hong Kong
It is “A film inside the head of a 10-year-old girl.” – Maria João Caetano, Diaria de Noticias.
Foreign Drama (Portuguese w/English subtitles) / 2019 / 109 Minutes / A Film by Frederico Serra
HOW TO ORDER:
Public Performance and Digital Site Licenses are available through Soundview Media Partners. To inquire or to place an order, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply choose from the options below:
For group screening prices, please inquire.
In-home/personal use copies are available on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3RhilIj
Watch the trailer