“Words” is an exploration into how people navigate gender identity in the open and evolving landscape of New York City.
In a generation built on texts, tweets, memes, and irony, what has become of the weight of our words? In what way does communication serve as a form of self-expression, and self-expression a form of communication?
The documentary “Words” investigates how masculinity, femininity, and everything in between are contextualized in a range of environments, from the theater world to early childhood education.
Featuring exclusive interviews from a variety of artists, activists, icons, and innovators, “Words” is a poignant and powerful tribute to the language we use to shape our identities.
Using some of NYC’s most fluid scenes as a backdrop, “Words” investigates the dissonance between self and socially constructed identities as well as how these identities are contextualized in a range of environments..
- Finalist at the Cosmic Film Festival, 2017
- Official Selection Corvallis Queer Film Festival, 2017
- Nominated ‘Best Documentary’ at Barcelona Planet Film Festival, 2017
- Winner ‘Audience Award for Best Documentary’ at MEDff, Winter 2017
- Winner ‘Best Director of a Feature Documentary’ at the A.C Cinefest, 2016
- Official Selection of Long Island International Film Expo LIIFE, 2017
Featuring Caldwell Tidicue, Carmen Carrera, Shakina Nayfack, Kurtis Dam-Mikkelsen
72 minutes / 2017 / Color / English / A film by AJ Mattioli
HOW TO ORDER:
Public Performance and Digital Site Licenses are available through Soundview Media Partners. To inquire or to place an order, write to email@example.com or simply choose from the options below:
For group screening prices, please inquire.
In-home/personal use copies are available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2oGobGS
WATCH THE TRAILER